If you are interested in hiring room(s) at Brighton Friends’ Meeting House, please check availability with the Warden first, on (01273) 770258 or by email at email@example.com. Please note the start of your booking is the start time of your entry into the room(s) not the start time of your publicised event. The end of your booking is the time you leave the room(s) not the end of your publicised event.
After contacting us, download our booking form (link below) and return by post. All bookings are only confirmed when we receive a completed form. We will then invoice you. Payment is required prior to the start of your booking.
It is in the nature of our Quaker community in Brighton that we do not seek to make profit from the letting out of our rooms and facilities. However we do need to earn a sufficient amount to be able to operate and carefully maintain the two hundred year old Grade II star listed building. For this reason we hope that our rates are fair and competitive.
Below we have set out room rates, refreshment charges and equipment available.
Unless stated otherwise there is a minimum booking period of two hours on all rooms.
- ROOMS 2 and 6: £8.00 per hour.
- ROOMS 3 & 4: £10.00 per hour.
- LECTURE ROOM: £18.00 per hour
- for the first four hours and £12.00 per hour afterwards.
- MEETING ROOM: £23.00 per hour for the first four hours and £12.00 per hour afterwards. Minimum booking period of 2 hours, or 3 hours on Saturdays. Fairs and markets are £23.00 per hour all day.
- CAFÉ ROOM: Varying rates depending on use. Please discuss with the staff.
Catering by Meeting House staff is available and includes the provision of a cup of tea/coffee and biscuits: 50p per person per serving.
It is possible for all groups to provide their own refreshments. There are two kitchens available for self catering. You will need to plan arrangements with the warden.
You can order food from outside caterers to be delivered to the building.
Chairs and tables. Whiteboards in rooms 2, 3, 4 and 6. Movable whiteboard for the Lecture room and Meeting Room (ground floor). Projector screens in the Lecture Room and Meeting Room. OHP and Slide Projector. Flip charts and pens. TV with DVD and TV with Video.
Data projectors can be hired from the Resource Centre. Telephone 01273 606160 .
There is no additional charge.
Friends’ Meeting House opening times for room hire
- Sunday: closed
- Monday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Tuesday: 9.00am to 10.00pm
- Wednesday: 9.00am to 10.00pm
- Thursday: 9.00am to 10.00pm
- Friday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday: 9.00am to 6.00pm
Requests for concerts and large events outside these times to be referred to Finance and Property Committee.